Okay, I have an interesting task here if you are interested :) What is the most clever obfuscation/golf can you write with the following simple rules
- Maximum of eight (8) spaces
- You can only use the following characters
- . ' ! : - (which count for 1/2 space)
- & ? $ = # ' + / * (which count for 1 space)
- " (2 spaces)
- A-Z0-9 (1 space)
Now, if this sounds suspiciously like the restrictions placed on you by the Department of Motor Vehicles for a custom plate, well, yes, (ahem) you would be correct :)
I've been trying to think of something clever I can fit into 8 spaces (which, if 1/2 space chars are abused well enough, I expect can be as long as 12 characters). Problem is, the muse of cleverness isn't with me; the best I can do so far is a simple regex like s!.+!JAPH!. So I appeal (more out of interest of SEEING as opposed to actually USING it) to my fellow monks for some input.
Thank you for your time! :)
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||