In a dark parallel universe, where Perl was never invented,
I would write my programs
- in c (k&r-style, of course)
- in java - I want to be on the winner-side of the tiobe index once
- as unix shell scripts, using lots of calls to grep and awk
- in php, python or any other programming language starting with 'p'
- in c++ ... but I would miss moose on every keystroke
- in cobol, however probably not out of my free will
- in lisp ... now there is no excuse left not to learn it
- using ancient runes
- in another programming language
- if I can't have Perl I'd rather not program at all...
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||