Thanks for shedding some light on semaphore case.
I'd really like to create a test case but there's a few obstacles that i'd have to overcome in order to do this. First of all the app is pretty large. In minimal version there are at least 4 threads involved:
- thread hosting rpc server
- thread preparing load balancing for sql data related to rpc request
- thread that sends request with data definition to remote host
- thread keeping track of available hosts
I can't pinpoint which thread is to blame (i can't guess it neither from log nor from the message itself).
Second of all, the app is tied to local sql database and i can't see any sane way to simulate that in a script.
I know about the threads::shared bug that was fixed (i reported it to J.D. Hedden ;) but downgrading seems to me like "out of the frying pan, into the fire" - type situation :) But i guess You are right - maybe i could spot this problem more easily with this.
Although i'm still in a deep dark wood some light can be seen ;) Thanks to You i know it's something related to locks. I'll try to mess around with the code which uses lock the most and test, test, test.... Maybe i create a bug report after all.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||