I was unable to upload the code for framechat 2.0 because of
an apparent 64k limit on the code field in catacomb
nodes. So my suggestion is to provide for the submission of
larger code via file upload, and to put a "d/l code" link
where the code would usually be in display view for code
uploaded this way. Meanwhile the framechat
node is a lot
smaller and has an offsite link to the
framechat 2.0 code
New in framechat 2.0
- New nodes ticker!
- Rep change ticker with history!
- Client login & quit for better security.
- Create & edit optional external config file.
- Tools control panel to see & set parameters.
- /ignore and /unignore and see who's being ignored.
- /logout and /login implemented.
- Not in the userlist but still see chat.
- All links to perlmonks become logged out.
- History still functions if enabled.
- Logout disables node title lookup.
- Faster thanks to less print statements.
- More robust error handling (esp. xml parsing).
- XP nodelet now shows xp gain and loss messages (Ack!)
- inbox/launchpad/newnode frame can remember state.
- Notes added to update notification.
- Bug in link parser that caused italic history after an unclosed i tag.
- Last $norm should now appear when code updated.
- Code is less redundant and more readable.
Here's a screenshot
Check out my Perlmonks Related Scripts like framechat,
reputer, and xNN.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||