I also faced same issue today and just solved it.
issue is with Scalar::Util perl module. Looks like CentOS update installs older version of Scalar::Util module. So perl could not load this module.
To Solve this issue,
Download Scalar::Utils sources from http://search.cpan.org/~pevans/Scalar-List-Utils-1.25/lib/Scalar/Util.pm
- extract .tar.gz file and cd Scalar-List-Utils-1.25
- perl Makefile.PL
- gmake test
- gmake install
Once you complete this successfully,
works fine and I could install modules.
perl -MCPAN -e 'shell'
Thanks & Regards,
My Perl Gtk2 technology demo project - http://code.google.com/p/saaral-soft-search-spider/ , contributions are welcome.
- Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
- Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] |
- Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.