- You might want to use "use warnings" instead of "-w", so that you can remove warning using "no warnings" pargma, where you wouldn't want some.
- Always check the return for the open function like so: open $fh,'<',$filename or die "can't open file: $!" OR you use use autodie qw(open close);
- The File handler $fh decleared was not used
- filehandle $fh was not close. You should do that like so:close $fh or die "can't close file:$!"
You really might what to try out the module "perlcritic", based on Damian Conway's book Perl Best Practices. Check Perlcritic
Using it from Command Line Interface like so:perlcritic -3 perlscript.pl
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||