There's a process for that:
- Cuss like a sailor asking the Universe why the <BLEEP!> this thing ain't working??????
- Smack monitor
- Go for more coffee
- Cuss some more
- rerun the code and hope the problem isn't still there.
- cuss more when the problem remanifests itself.
- try blaming the input data.
- go for more coffee
- re-run code
- Turn on script's built in debug logging
- stare at terminal
- Go to lunch
- read debug output
- Add more debug logging in strategic locations
- Get Diet Mountain Dew from vending machine
- rerun script
- found bug, fix.
- Go home
And the next day we start all over again!
Peter L. Berghold -- Unix Professional
Peter -at- Berghold -dot- Net; AOL IM redcowdawg Yahoo IM: blue_cowdawg
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||