||Jul 30, 2002 at 20:57 UTC
||Dec 31, 2013 at 14:44 UTC
(2 years ago)
Feb 13, 2016 at 02:56 GMT
|For this user:||Search nodes|
The hats I wear at work include: accessibility consultant; information architect; software developer (of the agile/XP/TDD breed - mostly in Perl); usability consultant; web site designer.
My non-work hats are none of your business :-)
Things other perlmonks wrote that I have found interesting:
- Blessables -- What Can You Make Into Objects?
- Schwartzian Transform
- Arrays are not lists
- On reinventing the wheel
- Code Smarter
- Net::Ping, the mini series
- Are debuggers good?
- Extreme programming... in perl?
- use CGI or die;
- (tye)Re: one-liner hogs
- R0z3z 4r3 R3d
- Scalars, Lists, and Arrays
- Refactoring: Soft-code class name in factory method
- No excuses about not using CGI.pm
- Suggestions for working with poor code
- Damian Conway's ten rules for when to use OO
- Random NonHome Nodes
- The great ball of mud
- Resorting to Sorting
- Design Patterns Considered Harmful
- Loops, the scalar range operator, and objects
- Why I Hate Nested If-Else blocks
- Mommy, what does $this mean?
- Re: Non- recursive permutation of arrays.
- The Dynamic Duo --or-- Holy Getopt::Long, Pod::UsageMan!
- (tye)Re: Private Class Methods
- The Joy of Test
- Griping about Typing
- Re: XML for databases?!?! Is it just me or is the rest of the world nutz?
- Regression testing with dependencies
- Automated software testing: emulation of interfaces using Test::MockObject
- Unit Testing Generated HTML
- Backtracking through the regex world
- What goes in a test suite?
- Proxy Objects
- Re: Naming convention for Object Variables
- Re: On timely destruction?
- Further adventures with testing
- Re: Comparison, questions for Postgres, MySQL
- Perl Style Guides for Large Projects
- DON'T Language Guess from IP
- MOPT-01 - assumptions and spaces
- MOPT-02 - substitution and formal systems
- $bad_names eq $bad_design
- MOPT-03 - identification, part 1
- MOPT-04 - identification, part 2
- Best Practices for Exception Handling
- overkill anti-caching CGI headers
- On debugging "Premature End of Script" errors
- Small test harness for testing basic auth
- Perl Testing and Quality Assurance
What monks have been saying about Perl6 (something I'm looking forward to immensely):
Things I have written that I hope you will find interesting:
I'm interested in perl refactorings. Both dws and stephen have started lists of perl refactorings on their home nodes and schwern has some relevant talks. If I ever get the spare time I would like to setup a Wiki for this sort of thing :-)
My top ten and bottom ten nodes by reputation..
Am also BillyGoatGruff on occasion.