Where should I post X?
- Seekers of Perl Wisdom-When you need an answer to an actual real life problem fast you're probably going to want to post your question here.
- Categorized Questions and Answers-These are more general questions. If you post a question to Seekers of Perl Wisdom but think other people might benefit from the knowledge you might want to rephrase it in more general terms for this section. This is also a good place to look for answers before you post to Seekers of Perl Wisdom
- Craft was our first place to show off code of any kind. It was meant to be a showcase for code users were proud of. It was also originally the only place on the site that formatted code properly. It soon became apparent people would like to post code all over the site so we came up
with the <CODE>print "your code here";</CODE> representation. So this section provides a prominent but somewhat temporary place to display your code.
- Code Catacombs-I define the code that goes here as "longer" code or standalone code. The code that goes here has a specific purpose and gets a specific job done. I consider stuff here to be more application level.
- Snippets Section-These are little pieces of code that could be used in a variety of places. They may not be extremely useful in and of themselves but they could be used in lots of different places, and types of applications. This could be a killer regex or a function that converts a to b.
- Meditations-Have you had an epiphany about programming in general of Perl.... share it with the rest of us here.
- Perl Poetry-You've seen it in the back of Programming Perl and TPJ now try your own hand.... who said coding couldn't be artistic at the same time.
- Obfuscated Code-If you've got some code that does something that wouldn't be immediately apparent to merlyn you might be on the right track. Make your code as compact as possible, get rid of that needless whitespace, make things as confusing as possible and amaze the masses.
- Perl Monks Discussion-This is where users can discuss features they might like to see. Why the XP system kicks/sucks etc.... this is the place for site related issues.... not Perl problems.