||Mar 24, 2000 at 00:26 UTC
||Oct 08, 2015 at 21:22 UTC
(5 days ago)
|Favorite Coffee:||Tim Hortons French Vanilla Flavoured Cappuccino|
|CPAN Directory :||BEATNIK|
Oct 13, 2015 at 16:15 GMT-2
|For this user:||Search nodes|
My name is Beatnik, and I'm addicted to signed Perl ORA books...
/me changes password...
Currently working on:
- SPINE - I picked up an old project and started porting it to mod_perl. It's great fun so far!
- A parrot version of a Beatnik interpreter... I promised acme that I would write one
The cover above is obviously based on the Llama2. I got the Llama2 cover from the ORA FTP site, also downloaded the Cookbook cover (for the double o in Pool) and, some other covers for the lettering. The picture is obviously Neve Campbell (a goddess IMHO). Editing was done in the GIMP. Full sized cover is here. The T-shirt version I wore at YAPC::Eu 2.00.1 is here.
<IMG SRC="http://beatnik.perlmonk.org/s_womennut.jpg" ALT="Women in a nutshell"><IMG SRC="http://beatnik.perlmonk.org/learningpool2_small_.jpg">
crazyinsomniac kinda forced me into this one...
This cover was based on the Perlnut cover. After several attempts of composing the word WOMEN with existing letters on ORA covers, I used a Garamond TTF to create it. I got the Perlnut cover from the ORA FTP site. The picture is obviously Alyssa Milano (Requested by crazyinsomniac). Editing was done in the GIMP. Full sized cover is here
http://www.perlmonks.org + http://www.microsoft.com - Just a quick edit, since the gates + monestary was SOOOOOOOoooooooo tempting
<IMG SRC="http://beatnik.perlmonk.org/bat.jpg" ALT="use strict; #Damnit !">
I'm doing Comp Sci in Leuven, Part of Vlaanderen.PM and Swiss.PM,
Op on Undernet's #cgi, not too crowded, friendly bunch.
Besides Perl, I program in half a dozen other languages (even the ones I don't like, *cough* COBOL *cough*)
I spent most of my time sleeping (about 8 hours a day). The remaining 16 hours is spent on school, food, perl, computer stuff in general.
For those who doubt :NO, I'm NOT vroom nor his evil twin, just because we were born on the exact same day. Coincidentially, YAPC::Eu was held on the 18, 19 and 20th of september 2002 (which was when I turned 24). I didn't throw a small party tho, altho I did have a few beers.
Proud Project Daddy at Sourceforge of
- SPINE - A webbased content management tool, ofcourse written in Perl. I promise, I'll release a new version in the near future :)
- StamPL - A simple Stamp replacement, ofcourse written in Perl - posted Re: Webcam 0.2 here
Good cause: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation or if you're in Belgium Belgische Vereniging voor Strijd tegen Mucoviscidose
Monks I met the following monks at YAPC::Europe 2.00.1 (I eventually got there)
For those who need to recognize me for some reason, I sometimes look like this.
- toadi - check ; worst snorer ever!
- olly - not present
- jouke - check ; muchos kudos for organizing YAPC::Eu
- jeffa - didn't spotted him ; was he there??
- kudra - check ; pictures, pictures, where are pictures?
- davorg *note to myself: bring DMwP* - check ; signed book, overall nice, funny guy
- OeufMayo - check ; I want a pic of the T-Shirt
- Vroom - check ; bribed with beer, kinda
- Corion - check ; stop staring at my screen, damnit
- virtualsue - check ; what? me famous???
- BooK - check ; you scare me with code, stop it!
- neophyte - check
- ar0n - check ; beer, beer, beer
- sniper - check
- pschoonveld - check ; banana what???
- busunsl - check
- clemburg - check ; XML Pimp, drop the XML
- jmcnamara - check ; pretty cool guy
On my books wishlist :
Non-perl books I'd recommend:
- Perfume - Patrick Suskind
- Any Tom Sharpe book
If there is a solution to a problem, there is no need to worry. And if there is no solution, there is no need to worry.
Memoreable movie quote : "I'm here to regulate funkiness." - The Mexican
Perl Geek Code:
-----BEGIN PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
------END PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK------Decode it!
I got my Saint halo on Friday, 10th of August, just before 3 PM.
Sircam Counter: I've received 23 mails to this date infected by Sircam.
Quite obviously, all code posted on perlmonks by me is owned by me. It can be redistributed under the same terms as Perl itself, unless otherwise noted. Me being (in both cases), Hendrik Van Belleghem, hendrik at ldl48 period org.