I caught myself staring at the screen, looking at my own homenode
"Wow, 1350.. I'm getting old in here", suddenly I found that I was thinking of node numbers in the same way that you might look at distant cousin that you haven't seen since you were a kid. Appreciation of how one came to be, growing up. Nostalgic. I doubt that Perl Monks has hit its full-mature-self yet, but it sure has come a long way...
Do you remember the days:
(the above are not sorted in any particular chronological order, well, sorta)
- When a good post was awarded 10 votes?
- When there was no #perlmonks (or trout)?
- When btrott and chromatic were scribes?
- When node ids had 4 digits?
- When there were no user monk pics in rotation?
- When the chatterbox was usually empty?
- When vroom actually had time enough to post answers?
- When neshura posted her 1st pic?
- When polls got less than 100 votes total?
- When there was no voting/expirience system?
- When you could remember all of the monks by their handles?
- When perlmonks was a habit and not an addiction?
# Trust no1!