you have a question on how to do something in Perl, or
you need a Perl solution to an actual real-life problem, or
you're unsure why something you've tried just isn't working...
then this section is the place to ask. Post a new question!
However, you might consider asking in the chatterbox first (if you're a
registered user). The response time tends to be quicker, and if it turns
out that the problem/solutions are too much for the cb to handle, the
kind monks will be sure to direct you here.
I'm writing a Perl application to test the REST API of a JIRA server we're using. Somehow I can't seem to be able to establish an SSL connection to the server. I have the following code
my $browser = LWP::UserAgent->new;
$browser->agent("Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20
my %client = ('useragent' => $browser);
my $clientref = \%client;
my $jira = JIRA::REST->new('https://myurl:8443/jira', 'myuser', 'mypas
I assume that my script isn't able to fetch the certificate from the server, but how do I edit my script to make it at least connect for now?
I've tried debugging with the analyze-ssl.pl, but it doesnt work either, as the script doesn't accept the syntax of my proxy. I've tried reprogramming it, but without success.
I am using SWIG to wrap functions from a C library (libX.a) and producing a shared object (Y.so) and a Perl module (Y.pm).
Neither the library C code nor the library object files are available on the target platform so the shared object is created outwith MakeMaker. The Makefile.PL is written to create the distribution tarball so that the usual rules apply on `make install`.
However the shared object is installed in the same directory as the Perl module and Dynaload is unable to find the required symbols.
Looking at other Makefie.PL flles from modules that do install a shared object in the correct place there is no explicit mechanism to place such a shared object. The magic seems to be enabled by defining values for LIB (or some such variable).
Please could someone tell me where to look in MakeMaker code (whilst I start at the top and go on until the end).
Hi, I want to convert PDF to text format keeping the positions of the text same as PDF so as I can easily get the required data. I have seens posts recommending to use pdftotext and Poppler but can someone help me how can I setup these on a Windows 10 machine. Not getting any clear discussion on installation or usage on any of these. Exampoles would be very useful. Do let me know if any other way is possible.
Thanks in Advance.
but this won't work.
I am trying to build a set of functions that deals with Unicode dirs and files, while maintaining the native syntax. I can override chdir, readdir and sort of, but can't -X. Any clue ?
I've written above code to modify the contents of my xml file. but when I tried to create new elements named "item" and "data" it showed me an error : can't locate object method "createElement" via package XML::DOM::ELEMENT. how can I get rid of this problem? any suggestions? it is giving me an output window of Joey 67890 4 and then an error pops up which I just mentioned above
my $parser=new XML::DOM::Parser;
my $doc=$parser->parsefile('C:\perl\perl_tests\xmlin.xml') or die$!;
foreach my $address(@address)
if($address->getAttribute("name") eq "tayal")
XML FILE :
<config logdir="var/log/foo/" debugfile="tmp/foo.debug">
<server name ="sahara" osname ="solaris" osversion="2.6">
<address name="ankit" id="70888"/>
<address name="tayal" id="70889"/>
<server name="gobi" osname="irix" osversion="6.5">
<address name="anshul" id="70689"/>
<server name="kalahari" osname="linus" osversion="2.0.34">
<address name="raghu" id="45678"/>
<address name="lucky" id="67895"/>
Hello all. I am having a problem with my browser not recognizing my local libs. I set them up because I was told installing modules with sudo cpan and putting them in the main libs was not great. So I set up my local libs and installed all kinds of modules into them, got apache set up so I could view my website in my browser, but the browser does not use my local libs.
Here is the result of perl -e 'print "$_\n" for sort @INC' on the command line: