you have a question on how to do something in Perl, or
you need a Perl solution to an actual real-life problem, or
you're unsure why something you've tried just isn't working...
then this section is the place to ask. Post a new question!
However, you might consider asking in the chatterbox first (if you're a
registered user). The response time tends to be quicker, and if it turns
out that the problem/solutions are too much for the cb to handle, the
kind monks will be sure to direct you here.
does anybody knows if Win32::SerialPort works with Win7x64 and the Perl Version noted in the title?
I receive the following error after fetching from CPAN:
Creating new t/DefaultPort.pm
Creating new nomake_test
Creating new nomake_install
Checking if your kit is complete...
Generating a dmake-style Makefile
Writing Makefile for Win32::SerialPort
Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
Running make for B/BB/BBIRTH/Win32-SerialPort-0.22.tar.gz
cp lib/Win32/SerialPort.pm blib\lib\Win32\SerialPort.pm
cp lib/Win32API/CommPort.pm blib\lib\Win32API\CommPort.pm
C:\strawberry-perl-188.8.131.52-32bit-PDL\c\bin\dmake.exe -- OK
Running make test
" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib\lib', 'b
t/test1.t .. 1/309
# Failed test at t/test1.t line 534.
t/test1.t .. 305/309 # Looks like you failed 1 test of 309.
t/test1.t .. Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
Failed 1/309 subtests
t/test2.t .. ok
t/test3.t .. ok
t/test4.t .. ok
t/test5.t .. ok
t/test6.t .. 1/? SetCommState failed at t/test6.t line 306.
t/test6.t .. ok
t/test7.t .. ok
Test Summary Report
t/test1.t (Wstat: 256 Tests: 309 Failed: 1)
Failed test: 195
Non-zero exit status: 1
Files=7, Tests=1808, 62 wallclock secs ( 0.11 usr + 0.22 sys = 0.33
Failed 1/7 test programs. 1/1808 subtests failed.
dmake.exe: Error code 255, while making 'test_dynamic'
C:\strawberry-perl-184.108.40.206-32bit-PDL\c\bin\dmake.exe test -- NOT OK
//hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, t
Stopping: 'install' failed for 'Win32::SerialPort'.
Failed during this command:
BBIRTH/Win32-SerialPort-0.22.tar.gz : make_test NO
I've found an interesting issue with POD rendering on MetaCPAN.
I have the following snippet in the POD for one of my modules:
Sends any arbitrary command to the LCD. (I've never tested this!).
Mandatory: A command to submit to the LCD.
=head2 position($x, $y)
Moves the cursor to the specified position on the LCD display.
Mandatory: Column position. C<0> is the left-most edge.
Mandatory: Row position. C<0> is the top row.
The $x and $y variables don't show up. The code block for them does, but the variables don't. Things work as expected for the $command variable in the send_cmd(), as it shows up fine. You can see that here.
<h2 id="position-x-y">position($x, $y)</h2>
<p>Moves the cursor to the specified position on the LCD display.</p>
<p>Mandatory: Column position. <code>0</code> is the left-most edge.</
<p>Mandatory: Row position. <code>0</code> is the top row.</p>
...but doesn't render properly in any browser I've tested with.
I'm wondering if I should just work around this, or whether this is a known issue (I couldn't find anything by searching), and if it's worth taking up the chain or not (perhaps other specific vars don't render correctly either).
Can anyone please let me know if they are seeing what I am?
GMAN (Good Morning, Afternoon, Night) depending on where you are :-)
Is it possible to print individual elements of a list with out putting them into an array ? I think putting the list into an array is a wastage of memory if you are just trying to print it. For e.g. I am trying to do below with no success
perl -e 'use v5.10; say (localtime)'
syntax error at -e line 1, near ")["
Execution of -e aborted due to compilation errors.
Hi Perl Monks,
I have the below two hash of array of hashes.I need to compare these two array of hashes,each and every field needs to be compared.I cant use diff, I need to do it without using any inbuilt functions.
Please help me out with this as I am really new to Perl.
Thanks a lot in advance.
HASH OF ARRAY OF HASHES 1:
As you can see it just runs over the input file with -n, putting it into a scalar. Then Perl::Tidys that scalar, then puts it back.
It works in every other way just as I'd like, but when it encounters unicode characters (I've been working on some Russian text and need to recognise these chars: 'ОЕАИН') it replaces them with question marks.
I can't add command-line flags like -CIO, that's not allowed. I've tried adding binmode STDOUT, ":utf8" and binmode STDIN, ":utf8" to the BEGIN block but that hasn't changed anything.
Of course I can use Perl::Tidy in other ways, but I'm used to this utility and would like to get it working again in a way I can trust, it's become a habit.