|Problems? Is your data what you think it is?|
date::manip questionby e5z8652 (Novice)
|on Feb 02, 2013 at 20:33 UTC||Need Help??|
e5z8652 has asked for the
wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
I have a small CGI script that accepts dates from users and lets them do a database lookup. This script has been working for years with minor changes. The last time I changed the script was to upgrade the server to Debian Squeeze, where there were some minor syntax changes.
However in the last month or so, the date search function stopped working. Many people had the dates default to the current day, regardless of what they entered into the CGI. Testing revealed that the date function worked fine, as long as proper syntax was used. But I use date::manip to make it as user friendly as possible!
I've cut the troublesome part of the script out, and it is included below together with sample output.
sorry for the cut & paste munging.
And here is the output:
I expect this:
And I expect this:
However this is very confusing to me, and my users: