Jenkins - is well known continues integration server. One of it's great features - one may extend it by writing custom plug-ins. Recently I have created one plug-in to build and make distributive of perl applications.
It implements standard build scheme
- cd to source directory
- install dependencies from source directory into local directory
- and optionally create distributive from source directory
Other features are:
- find 'tagged' directory with maximum version number ( implementing install from subversion tags )
- applying different patches ( install other cpan modules )
- both Makefile.PL and Build.PL are supported
- colour output
- and some others ...