in reply to
Re: Possible first post syndrome remedy
in thread Possible first post syndrome remedy
So true... within each response one can see a little window into the responders soul:
- Angry monk:
- Site How To The Old Perl Monks FAQ What makes a bad question? Before You Post ... How (Not) To Ask A Question How to RTFM How to ask questions the smart way
- All forrest no trees monk:
- use strict or die;
- Curt monk:
- see pacopod
- I already asked that monk:
- I already asked that here.
- Too much time on his hands monk:
- Here are several wonderful nodes on the subject by our beloved brother tilly that I have found useful.
- No time on his hands monk:
- Don't reinvent the wheel, use God::Paco from the CPAN.
- Too helpful monk:
- As you see in the code below, I've rewritten your regex and incorporated a rather interesting example of the Swartzian Transform. Also, I've made it object-oriented to improve readability.
- Module monk:
- I've written a module for this that I haven't published to the CPAN yet.
- Column monk:
- I've already written a column about that.
- Benchmark monk:
- Your solution is very slow compared to Perl's native paco function:
Benchmark: timing 10000 iterations of paco, wako...
paco: 4 secs ( 3.97 usr 0.01 sys = 3.98 cpu)
wako: 6 secs ( 4.97 usr 0.00 sys = 4.97 cpu)
- Einstein monk:
my $contextual = '(?:c(?:bex|e(?:bax|vpxf?)|hff(?:vrf|l)|vff(?:\\ gnxr
+\ ubyr|\\-ubyr|ubyr|[fq])|vat|r)|ff(?:\\ ubyrf?|\\-ubyrf?|rq|ubyrf?|v
+vat)?)|u(?:hzc(?:r(?:ef|[eq])|vat|f)?|n(?:eq[\\-\\ ]?ba|ys(?:\\ n[fe]
(UPDATE: Fixed some thread display issues. Funny how an HTML definition list looks different in a thread than as a stand alone node.)
(UPDATE 2: Doing an XHTML version of a DL seems to fix the formatting on the different views (Thanks to Aristotle for the idea). Let me know if there are still problems. Also, how about golf monk? )