in reply to
My favorite logical fallacy:
Appeal to Popularity
- What's the project?
- It's something completely revolutionary.
- Um... yeah. So what is it?
- We're going to maintain a database of all our products and let our customers see it online!
- (PHB pauses for applause)
- Wow. That's a revolutionary idea. So I'll put together a LAMP server and we'll be live in $arbitrary_timeframe
- Lamp? What's that?
- It just means that the site will be run on Linux, Apache, MySQL and Perl.
- No, it has to be done in ASP.
- What? Why?
- Because ASP is better; it's what everyone uses.
- (insert sounds of one of my eyes being popped out of its socket by the pressure in my head, followed by the sound of the PHB being thrown through a window)