I think that more women would be attracted to Perl if it had more "pink" functions (the name "perl" is certainly a good start). I recommended some changes in perl6 to make perl more "feminine":
- instead of chomp(), use chew_lightly()
- sleep()=>beauty_sleep() with umask()
- push(),pop()=>slide_on(),etc. (these functions are often misinterpreted by women as come-ons)
- no=>no (this keyword is often misinterpreted by men)
- kill()=>sigqueue() (I have POSIX backing on this one!)
Hopefully, my additions will be considered and incorporated in future releases of perl. I can only see them as beneficial to the Perl experience as a whole.
AgentM Systems nor Nasca Enterprises nor
Bone::Easy nor Macperl is responsible for the
comments made by
AgentM. Remember, you can build any logical system with NOR.