in reply to My cow-orkers mostly...
It depends on the definition of cow-orker! (It's a small world after all.)
If it includes the:
So where's my "All of the above!" option? :)
- people working directly with me on a day to day basis then I'd say "are Perl Monks" and "love Perl".
- folks that I help out in other departments that are supporting Perl scripts, then I'd say "like Perl" (it's always a quick fix when something goes wrong).
- managers of other products, I'd say "are suspicious of Perl". ('This PERL thing, how long has it been in use? Is it stable? Is it going to cost us more money?' etc...)
- single platform activists , I'd say "dislike Perl" or even "hate Perl". ('We need to move everything to a single platform. Solaris with an Oracle database system and everything written in Java!' yadda yadda... They won't give it a chance.)
- folks who in other departments who run the Perl scripts, then I'd say "just use Perl".
- folks outside of IT, then I'd have to say "have never heard of Perl". ('Pearl? What's that?')
- "folks" that I play with on daily basis, then I'd definitely say "are written in Perl".