|Think about Loose Coupling|
Voting Booth Nodelet: could not vote when viewing other nodesby sk (Curate)
|on Nov 21, 2005 at 07:15 UTC||Need Help??|
If I am on the main page (say Seekers of Perl Wisdom), I can click on the vote button for a poll and the vote is registered. However, if I am viewing a post (say a SoPW post) and then I try to vote, it still puts me back onto the node I was viewing and does not take me to the poll (I did not check if the vote was registered or not). I thought we could vote on the polls while viewing other posts.
Steps to reproduce this -
1. Go to Seekers of Perl Wisdom
2. Choose an option for the Poll and click on Vote.
3. You should see the vote results. You will get this page even if you have voted before.
4. Now open any node (say Delete duplicate data in file)
5. Go to the Poll (i.e. scroll to the poll) and click on an option and hit Vote (i.e you will not leave the page you were viewing).
6. Instead of showing the vote results, you will be placed back on the same node you were viewing before you hit vote.
Apologies if this is an intended behavior.