In a dark parallel universe, where Perl was never invented,
I would write my programs
- in c (k&r-style, of course)
- in java - I want to be on the winner-side of the tiobe index once
- as unix shell scripts, using lots of calls to grep and awk
- in php, python or any other programming language starting with 'p'
- in c++ ... but I would miss moose on every keystroke
- in cobol, however probably not out of my free will
- in lisp ... now there is no excuse left not to learn it
- using ancient runes
- in another programming language
- if I can't have Perl I'd rather not program at all...