in reply to poll ideas quest 2011
The first thing i tell an initiate in response to his/her first SoPW is
- to use strict;
- to use warnings;
- to use diagnostics;
- to ask for the data/arguments he/she used
- to use the </code> tags
- to even post some code
- to at least describe the problem
- to use the three-argument version of open
- to at least check the return of open
- that is forum is only for Perl related problems
- that we don't do other peoples homework
- that we don't help him/her to write SPAM scripts
- that he/she is a spammer.
- ...? What no! I don't reply to initiates!!1!
- that i don't know this Perl guy either. Where am i?
Don't use '#ff0000':
use Acme::AutoColor; my $redcolor = RED();
All colors subject to change without notice.