It depends on what the meaning of manipulate is.
Manipulate: create by issuing commands to other programs (i.e. DB), copy/move/delete (including across networks), etc. without opening/reading.
- Typical size: 4GB
- maximum size: 8GB
- OS used: Solaris 10, CentOS 5
- Filesystem used: UFS, NFS, Ext3
- description: database/application/custom_compiled_code backups
- format: binary
- Typical size: 20MB
- maximum size: 100MB
- OS used: Solaris 10
- Filesystem used: UFS
- description: Proviso data
- format: variable-length text records w/ default seperator '|_|', 1/20/100 chars