I would use scp over sftp as zentara suggests. If, however, 'future policies' means only sftp, then you'll have to figure out what the problem is:
in reply to Net::SFTP::Foreign frequent connection server stall
- A code fragment showing what you're doing might be helpful
- You don't list the SSH command/version that you're using
- The latest version of Net::Sftp::Foreign is 1.74, and it looks like it should work with 5.8.8
- Are both client and server Solaris 5.9?
- I'm not sure what you're referring to by 'SFTP v 1.35'. Your client is your perl program. Is this the server version? There are lots of different servers around. Most also create log files
- Can you use the sftp client on the command line to reliably transfer the file?
- tcpdump/wireshark of a hanging transfer can at least tell you what's crapping out at the tcp level