I created a single user Mojolicious based RSS aggregator. It uses PostgreSQL for its database. I had attempted to use SQLite when I first started but I ran into some problems with reliability and I have not had much of a need to go back.
I have been using it everyday for several months and it has been quite stable. At the moment it is a single file script.
I wrote it to be usable from a desktop web browser but also from a mobile browser as well. I only have access to an Android Galaxy S3 so I cannot say how well it will work on iPhones or other devices.
Here are some features
- Mobile friendly
- Can favorite items
- Can delete news items that are older than X amount of days you choose
- You mark all current news items as read
- You will only see items that have current news
- If you are on a long list of news items you can jump back to the top of the page quite easily
You can find it here on GitHub
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||