- The list of approved tags is not complete. I
imagine PRE was left out on purpose, but why list the
tags if it isn't a complete list and there's a link where
a complete list is available? I'd rather see that space
used for something else--in my experience trying to use
unallowed tags is something editors rarely have to fix,
- the misuse of PRE tags (which is why I think that
the line about CODE tags should be listed before
- posting in the wrong place (maybe SOPW should
be listed first, as it is where most people should post),
- people who aren't logged on (when they want to be),
- and poor titles. I'd rather see the things that
cause the most work addressed in the limited space
than the things which
are automatically taken care of.
- I agree with the person who suggested the mention
of search and super search.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||