Appeal to Popularity
- What's the project?
- It's something completely revolutionary.
- Um... yeah. So what is it?
- We're going to maintain a database of all our products and let our customers see it online!
- (PHB pauses for applause)
- Wow. That's a revolutionary idea. So I'll put together a LAMP server and we'll be live in $arbitrary_timeframe
- Lamp? What's that?
- It just means that the site will be run on Linux, Apache, MySQL and Perl.
- No, it has to be done in ASP.
- What? Why?
- Because ASP is better; it's what everyone uses.
- (insert sounds of one of my eyes being popped out of its socket by the pressure in my head, followed by the sound of the PHB being thrown through a window)
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||