Some of these I came up with for the Linux Users Group at Georgia Tech
but many apply to coding in general:
- I prefer sleeping...
- During the Night
- During the Day
- When I'm Tired
- Sleep is Unintentional Downtime
- Favorite Unix Holy War (by Buddy Smith)
- Pine vs. Elm
- Emacs vs. Vim
- Gnome vs. KDE
- GUI vs. Console
- Lihnucks vs. Lynucks
- Worst command to run as root
- rm -rf /
- killall -9 init
- dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/hda
- make install
- Number of different OS's I've run Perl on
- My brain has a built-in 5.6.0 compiler.
- Best way to get a bug fixed.
- File a bug report.
- Whine, whine, whine.
- Kill the coder (they're replaceable, right?).
- Ha><0R the bO><oR
- Make random noises.
- Redefine the Unix epoch.
- Troll Slashdot.
- Reinstall WindowsTM.
- What's the best way to untar tar.gz files? (by Lincoln Durey)
- tar xzvf
- tar -xzvf
- alias unpack="tar xzvf"
- zcat | tar xvf -
- rpm --install
It would be an interesting (if very highly unscientific) to
see what differences there are in the poll responses on
PerlMonks vs. on a LUG homepage...
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||