I don't relate the words 'Perl' and 'work' to be in the same sentence. Perl was my hobby years ago, now I get paid for it.. I don't consider writing Perl 'work'. BUT, as far as the question goes.. I use it for about 99% of what I do. The other 1% is shell scripting, and maybe some sed/awk when needed.
Actually, it was funny. Yesterday, I was debugging with a co-worker and during this I had to do some various substitutions, or reformat text output files, etc... and any time I had to do something like that (which could be done in vi) I would do a one-liner or write a small script (if needed). My co-worker said "Man, you simply use Perl for everything!"
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||