Might have been done before (a quick search didn't turn anything up), but I'd like to see an up-to-date poll on
What is your favourite/favorite IDE/editor?
(as a Scotsman who lived in Arizona for several years, I can spell with either side of my brain - sometimes)
Possible options include:
- What's wrong with vi(m) and command line?
- Eclipse with EPIC is so shiny and clickable
- Komodo and ActiveState
- Text editor and graphical debugger
- Who needs an IDE - I just do one-liners
I don't want to start a vi versus emacs debate, so please just substitute your own preferred editor there.
I am curious to see what people like to use - probably wouldn't have stumbled onto Padre without the wisdom of the Exteemed Monks
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||