When I have to take notes I ...
- Open VI and save it to /home/$USER/ideas
- Fire up Emacs and run a macro for note-taking
- Pull out a pad of paper and Pen
- Pull out a pad of paper and Mechanical Pencil
- Pull out an unsharpened wooden pencil, and quest for a sharpener; if found, sharpen pencil and jot down note; else forget
- Dictate to smart phone
- Dictate to computer
- Pull out cassette recorder... and record note.
- Scribble on a post-it (and place it with care)
- Type into an electronic Post-it note
- Personal Wiki (for posterity)
- Public Wiki (somehow)
- Text yourself
- Email yourself
- Tweet (the world should have my notes: bit by bit)
- Notes are unnecessary
(updated: slashes correct now)
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||