I'm in the design phase of a large Perl application, storing medical records. It's a green-field project and I have complete latitude to use whatever technologies I want; I've chosen to make it web-based but it isn't well enough defined at this point to say much more about it.
I'm looking to maximize my Laziness. I've been searching CPAN for modules that are mature, stable, and will handle some significant part of the job for me. Below is the list of what I've found.
I know that the specification information I've provided is non-existent, but all large-scale web-based apps that store information about people are going to have certain similarities. Can anyone recommend other modules/programs/whatever that I should be looking at?
- The web/application server.
- The DB backend.
- Provides easy object persistence
- Generate and manage DB schemas easily
- Template Toolkit
- Front-end presentation
- Clean and powerful logging
- Back end processing. Based on the various systems I've researched, this seems like my best choice for building the back end. I am unsure, however, if Poe will help much with Laziness.