||Nov 21, 2000 at 15:07 UTC
||Jun 24, 2009 at 14:35 UTC
(6 years ago)
Jan 30, 2015 at 05:37 GMT+11
|For this user:||Search nodes|
Well its me init, I am a unix / C / C++ /Java / Perl / Stuff programmer. I code stuff to do stuff, that is about as specific as it gets.
The Piccy above is my son and I, the life in my life.
0/0 Does not equal 1
1) x = y
2) x^2 = xy (multiply both sides by x)
3) x^2 - y^2 = xy - y^2 (subtract y^2 from each side)
4) (x + y)(x - y) = y(x - y) (factor)
5) x + y = y (divide out (x - y))
6) 2y = y (substitute y for x from #1)
7) 2 = 1 (What do you think of that?!)
The mistake comes in step 5, when dividing by (x-y) on both sidesand the equation becomes
(X+Y)* 0/0 = Y * (0/0)
iff 0/0 == 1 then the result would be valid and 2 would in
fact be equal to 1... this could make maths a little tricky.