Clear questions and runnable code
get the best and fastest answer
Re: Screen Capture via wxPerl Scriptby jmlynesjr (Hermit)
|on Oct 19, 2012 at 20:46 UTC||Need Help??|
Every post is a learning experience. "AM" thank you very much for your time and comments. I am always amazed at the time and effort donated by the Monks in answering questions.
Noted: I should have posted to SoPW rather that CUFP. I flipped a coin and picked the wrong place. I also should have linked to the original post and author. I got lazy and didn't look up how to do that.
The original script did not display the sample graphics in the frame. Thus my changes to the sample graphic code to get it to draw. "Bug" was the wrong word to use as was pointed out. The libraries certainly changed since 2003.
I saw the posts relating to the Win32 modules, but my goal is exploring wxPerl, so I didn't persue that option.
I saw a mention last night in the wxWidgets documentation to using Refresh before Update to force a screen repaint. Trying that in my original code worked differently, but not as I hoped. More reading is required.
My original post was cut and pasted from my wxperl_users email and must have gotten scrambled in the translation. Maybe that was the source of your compile problems. I have learned to post from the original file in the future, sorry.
Too bad wxWidgets can't select a specific window, but the explanation made sense.
I'm not informed enough to argue the wxPerl async issue, but I thought that was the purpose and function of event driven programming. It is in the real-time world I come from.
When I run your suggested code, the sample graphic is still not being drawn and I get the following warning:
I used the following structure from man Wx, but I really like your structure and plan to plagiarize it in the future! :)
I considered using the file dialog, but went with the text entry dialog as a short cut. The file dialog is the better way to go.
The original script used Wx::Colour which was not found in the "standard" Citrus Perl @INC, but was found in a deeper directory. Thus the use lib '......' to point to the module.
Thanks again for the input. I have a lot to continue working with.