Hello wise monks, I seek your guidance and wisdom to overcome a wall that I have hit.
I am running Perl v.5.12.4 on Mac OS X.
My problem is I am creating a script that is accessed via a browser (Safari) that will create and download a CSV file.
When I run the script locally, the content of the file is being displayed on the page, and not being downloaded.
I have searched high and low, and used the correct headers (as far as I can tell).
To troubleshoot, I wanted to see if the browser is accepting any headers, and therefore tested this script (contains no download, just output HTML to the browser):
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<title>CGI Test</title>";
print "<body><h2>I just wrote a web page using Perl!</h2>";
The result -- the following is printed on the browser page:
<html><head><title>CGI Test</title></head><body><h2>I just wrote a web
+ page using Perl!</h2></body></html>
It seems that no matter what headers I try, the result is the same -- it is printed to the web page. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to solve this, and therefore graciously request your wisdom.