Clear questions and runnable code
get the best and fastest answer
Dancer bugs? send_file(), content type, and response_content_is()by hardburn (Abbot)
|on Mar 01, 2013 at 16:25 UTC||Need Help??|
hardburn has asked for the
wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
I've been playing with Dancer for the first time, and I think I found some bugs. I'm posting here to see if this is a ligit bug or if I'm doing something wrong.
(There may be better ways to do this, but I'm doing it this way for learning purposes.)
I also wrote tests to handle that:
Those fail with:
In the debugger, I stepped into reponse_headers_include() and found the response looks like this:
Also, I originally had a response_exists() test, but the test failed with a deprecation warning. There's no mention of the deprecation in the Dancer::Test docs.
If these are indeed a ligit bug, I already see how to fix the response_content_is problem and can probably figure out the content type override. However, I've been giving Dancer a try for an hour and I'm already running into bugs and documentation errors. Frankly, that's not a good sign of a mature framework.
"There is no shame in being self-taught, only in not trying to learn in the first place." -- Atrus, Myst: The Book of D'ni.