This problem is better solved with a hash structure.
in reply to Array problems.....
The algorithm would be:
Let us know if you have a specific issue with your implementation of this algorithm.
- Open the file
- In a loop, read the input
- chomp, then split the input on white space
- use the last field as a hash key, and "push" the first field into the HOA (Hash-of-Arrays) structure (Please research HOA at this site)
- End loop (Keep reading till you have all info)
- Loop through the collected hash structure, and print the info
"I'm fairly sure if they took porn off the Internet, there'd only be one website left, and it'd be called 'Bring Back the Porn!'"
-- Dr. Cox, Scrubs