> editbin /stack:0x00100000 \yourperl\bin\perl.exe
Thank you so much for this!!! I just did it on Perl-5.12.3 and it allowed my script to use more of the available memory in the system. I couldn't pass a limit of around 80 threads, although on Perl-5.16.3 I could run over 120 threads with no problem. So I figured the versions must have been compiled with different limits (both ActivePerl), and so I found this post.
Unfortunately for now I must stick with 5.12.3, because 5.16.3 can't play with DBI connects in threads very well, producing tons of warnings about redefined subroutines. But with your "hack" I can still use 5.12.3 for a while.