Ok, that is a start. We know ActiveState and Win7.
From your original post, your requirements are:
- Output is to be a 3rd file containing the differences between original XML and corrected XML
- Your changes may be as small as the spelling of a single word.
What other differences would you want to capture?
- Will a line by line compare work for you?
- Do you expect larger changes, such as reordering of lines, replacement of lines/sections of the XML?
- What do you expect the resultant file to look like? (line_number, orig_line, mod_line, change_txt...
- I guess that leads to the question, what are you going to do with the output you generate? How will you use it?
I see from some of your previous postings that you do know some Perl.
You really do need to provide more info when you ask questions though.
See How do I post a question effectively?.
It will help others to help you more effectively.
Best of luck ...
- ...the majority is always wrong, and always the last to know about it...
- ..by my will, and by will alone.. I set my mind in motion