Ok, that is a start. We know ActiveState and Win7.
in reply to Re^2: XML Compare and exact differences need to be listed out
in thread XML Compare and exact differences need to be listed out
From your original post, your requirements are:
What other differences would you want to capture?
- Output is to be a 3rd file containing the differences between original XML and corrected XML
- Your changes may be as small as the spelling of a single word.
I see from some of your previous postings that you do know some Perl.
- Will a line by line compare work for you?
- Do you expect larger changes, such as reordering of lines, replacement of lines/sections of the XML?
- What do you expect the resultant file to look like? (line_number, orig_line, mod_line, change_txt...
- I guess that leads to the question, what are you going to do with the output you generate? How will you use it?
You really do need to provide more info when you ask questions though.
See How do I post a question effectively?.
It will help others to help you more effectively.
Best of luck ...
- ...the majority is always wrong, and always the last to know about it...
- ..by my will, and by will alone.. I set my mind in motion