|There's more than one way to do things|
Re: SOAP::Transport::TCP connection problemsby jwest (Friar)
|on Sep 18, 2001 at 22:40 UTC||Need Help??|
So, having taken the suggestions of both tye and derby, I found the following:
First, I stepped through the server using the Perl debugger. To my bemusement, the code worked flawlessly, and I got the results I expected.
Following that, I ran the code again without the debugger, and got the results reported previously.
Then I added the use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw( all ); lines to the code above, and received the following complaint from the server:
SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Application failed during request deserialization:
no element found at line 1, column 0, byte -1 at /usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 185
Out of curiousity, I ran it through the debugger again with the new changes, and it works without err. At this point, I'm inclined to abandon my cause in favor of using SOAP::Transport::HTTP instead of pursuing this problem further.
-><- -><- -><- -><- -><- All things are Perfect To every last Flaw And bound in accord With Eris's Law - HBT; The Book of Advice, 1:7