in reply to
Good idea! Many times people will come in with a "newbie" or very specific question, and not wish to clutter an area with it. My comments:
- No XP are given for creating/modifying a "Scrap" node
Makes sense to me.
- Every (logged in) user has a "Scrap" node accessible under [Username Scrap Node]
Again, seems pretty clear
- These nodes would be automatically deleted by the engine - if something is worth keeping, create a different node for it and gather the XP for it ;)
Good thought, but there should be a way to "Move" a branch from scrap to a permanent section. Cutting and pasting isn't always easy (many browsers screw formatting).
- No links _to_ the scrap node should be possible from permanent nodes - at least, it would be unwise to do such links ;)
Unwise I agree with. I see no practical way to prevent someone from trying though.
- Only the creating user has write access to his/her home node.
I disagree. The node created chould allow open comments like most nodes. Discussion in the Chatterbox is very difficult since we can't use
< > [ ] characters and can't make links to un/poorly named nodes, much less offsite.
It would make sense merely for the posting form to make it clear that you are posting a TEMPORARY NODE. If your info is more useful, you should post a tutorial or Q&A, and link to it in the temp node.