|We don't bite newbies here... much|
win32-odbcby Jeniveve (Initiate)
|on Sep 05, 2002 at 18:11 UTC||Need Help??|
Jeniveve has asked for the
wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
I keep getting the following error when I try and run an old script that was written prior to my starting here. It utilizes win32-odbc which I am not familiar with (I use dbi) the error is:
Can't load 'E:/Perl/lib/auto/Win32/ODBC/ODBC.dll' for module Win32::ODBC: load_file:The specified module could not be found at E:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 206.
Details of the problem:
I went from NT 4.0 (IIS 5.0) service pack 6 where everything was working fine to Windows 2000 Server Service pack 3 and the scripts broke. I have followed every troubleshooting advice for this error that I can find. The drives have all stayed the same with e: being the web drive, perl was pointed there when first installed.
I have done the following things to try and get it to work:
1) Installed win32-odbc twice to ensure it worked (all the files were already there from the original installation of perl 5.6 but I replaced them anyway)
2) I have made sure that all folders and subfolders have the correct permissions
3) I have checked the database itself and its permissions as well as add it as a file dsn and a system dsn.
4) I have tried to install win32-odbc from the ppm as well but it says no ppd file can be found.
5) I have set the repository to Roth Consulting and tried to search the repository but when I do that the search comes up with nothing
I am at a loss here as to what to do… Can anyone help?
Jennifer C. Swartz
Westfield State College