There's a level in Hell reserved for:
- Programmers who don't see the importance of untainting data
- Programmers who immediately hit up Perlmonks or clpm asking a basic question when perldoc whatever would suffice
- Clients who harp on deadlines, yet do not return calls or get information back to the programmers in time for them to meet the deadlines.
- People who say, "You program in Perl? I've tried to pick that up, but it looks like gibberish."
- People who don't appreciate good gibberish when they see it. :)
- Ex-programmer bosses who say, "Hey, I could have had this fully-working CGI application working in three days, why is it taking you a week?" I mean, who cares if his programming came in the form of 24-hour code marathons and mine was limited to 8-10 hour days.
- People who seriously get heated about their choice of text editor. I mean, come on! We all know vi is the way to go, so stop your whining.
- Perl code that uses C-style for loops instead of foreach, etc.
- People who can't smile at the subtle beauty in calling a reference to a array containing references to hashes. Perl's native data structures are a beautiful thing.