in reply to Favorite Perl 6 feature?
My favorite feature would have to be the clean up of the OO layer. It's going to make my life a lot easier.
I'm also looking forward to:
- Parrot - because I like multi-language programming.
- PRE/POST/wrap - because they look like they will let me write design-by-contract code easily.
- macros - because domain specific languages rock and source filters are evil.
- the type system - I like compile time errors. I like the code to document itself.
- function "style" - things like lazy lists and simple currying making it easier for me to code in a functional style if I want.
- it still looks like perl5 - I can still write a quick'n'dirty script if I need to.
Actually, I'm looking forward to pretty much everything I've heard about perl6 ;-)