in reply to
RE: Preview/New vs Submit(only)
in thread Preview/New vs Submit(only)
I already up-voted several items in this thread but I've decided that wasn't enough support.
These are the improvements that I've seen the most consistant support for yet. I'd like to restate them together:
- Supply a "Preview" button when replying (and any other places that don't have them yet)
- Rename the "New" button to "Submit" (or rename them both to something else but I like "Submit")
- After submitting, display the parent node so that you can see that your reply now appears after it (and provide a user setting so that experienced monks can preserve the current behavior)
- Provide only a "Preview" button for new root nodes to moderated sections unless the user has turned off this feature in their user preferences.
I'd also really like to see a debounce feature for nodes and chatter. For nodes I'd include an ID in a hidden field and detect multiple submissions with the same ID from the same user (including Anonymous Monk). When a duplicate is detected, I'd give the user the options of
- Ignore this duplicate.
- Replace previous posting.
- Add another posting.
because I can see this happening in all three of those cases. For moderated root nodes, it might be best for a "replace" request to delete the original node if it has not already been approved nor replied to. If approved or replied to, just denying the replace request might be best.
For chatter duplicates, I'd just check for duplicate text from the same user. If a duplicate is submitted, just give the user a message like 'you tried to say "..." again' similar to when you /msg someone. You could add a trailing space if you really wanted to repeat yourself.
(but my friends call me "Tye")