Since books are on some people's mind today: Perl Publishing---Who's on First?
, I'd like to list some perl books I'd like to buy/read. I always feel that perl's un-enterprise status in the public opinion is partly due to the lack of "enterprise perl" books. There probably isn't a single perl book with "enterprise" in its title, while there are tons of "enterprise java" books. May be we need an "enterprise perl" series. Here's some books I'd like to read about:
- Perl Object-Relational mapping: Class:DBI
- Perl web application framewokrs: CGI::Applicaiton, Maypole, CGI::Prototype, etc.
- How to develop, test and maintain large perl projects.
- perl for application testing: WWW::Mechanize, Win32::IE::Mechanize
- Perl GUI besides Tk: wxWidgets, Win32::GUI, etc.