|Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister|
Re: The New Jobby diskcrash (Hermit)
|on May 19, 2005 at 02:09 UTC||Need Help??|
I would add that you could do a few simple things that make you and your work product a lot more valuable to everyone:
1. Pick and use a good code template.
2. If there is CVS or CVS-like tool, use it.
3. Track your changes each time.
4. Use comments liberaly.
5. Don't "golf" the code, remember you may have to maintain it when you are old and weak minded.
6. Make the test harness usable by nearly anyone.
7. Be wary of skew between the development and the production environments.
8. Create concise and direct documentation.
9. Be sensitive to "how the boss wins and loses".