SelfGOL looks very interesting:
The SelfGOL program can:
- self-replicate by printing its own source code,
- rewrite other Perl programs to allow them to self-replicate their own source code too,
- detect and report the small number of Perl programs that are not rewritable in this way,
- transform itself or other Perl programs into cellular automata of arbitrary size and play Conway's "Game of Life",
- animate any short text as a cycling marquee banner.
SelfGOL accomplishes these feats in under 1000 bytes of standard Perl, without importing any modules, and without using a single if, unless, while, until, for, foreach, goto, next, last, redo, map, or grep.
Has any one been on this course?
Walking the road to enlightenment... I found a penguin and a camel on the way.....
Fancy a email@example.com? Just ask!!!