in reply to I mostly learned to cook from:
My cooking developed from
- Learning how to make French bread from scratch from my Mother;
- Being fascinated by Yan Can as he whipped up Chinese food, a favourite of mine;
- Getting a cookbook full of Chinese recipes and trying them out;
- Taking a course at George Brown in Culinary Arts, which was fascinating and eye-opening;
- Watching the original Iron_Chef;
- Watching Jamie Oliver while he took a bunch of kids from disadvantaged neighborhoods and put them through a cooking school boot camp, then used them to run a restaurant in London -- awesome; and
- Cooking a new low-carb low-fat high-protein diet for me and my wife.
I just picked up a rotisserie oven and tried it out last weekend .. mmmmm rotisserie chicken. Fantastic.
Alex / talexb / Toronto
"Groklaw is the open-source mentality applied to legal research" ~ Linus Torvalds