|Problems? Is your data what you think it is?|
Re^4: RFC: Setting up a minGW compiling envronment for Perl 5.10by syphilis (Chancellor)
|on Mar 04, 2008 at 23:59 UTC||Need Help??|
Are these the libraries we're looking for?
Unfortunately no. They are just the import libs. Instead of renaming the .lib files to .a files, you could have renamed the .dll.a files to .a files. That's what I did to get Glib and Cairo to build (and they built straight out of the box for me with 'perl makefile.pl', 'dmake test', and 'dmake install'). Had I have known that those .dll.a files were there I would have suggested you rename them instead of the .lib files - but it shouldn't matter anyway.
Gtk2 is doing something that I've not come across before - and I hope I never come across it again. Some of its XSubs use XSubs that are part of the Glib and Cairo modules - and the only way to resolve the definition of those functions (that I can see) is to link to auto/Glib/Glib.dll and auto/Cairo/Cairo.dll.
Maybe we have to go the -LC:/perl/site/lib/auto/Glib -lGlib, but I've gotta check that the -lGlib is, in fact, capable of linking to Glib.dll. (I think it should be, but I've gotta check on it - maybe you could give it a try, anyway.)
I've also yet to see if Mr.Google can shed some light on how to fix this problem. And there's probably a gtk/glib mailing list if all else fails.